Many of us have jobs that require a lot of sitting, which can get a little monotonous. Here are a few of our tips to stay productive during a day of sitting down at the office!
· Stretch stretch stretch! Sitting at your desk can take a toll on your muscles, and we’ve found a fun way to fix that problem. On our Pinterest, we’ve found a few low maintenance stretches you can do to stretch out those muscles at your desk.
· Monitor your steps: studies have shown that people that check their daily steps through a pedometer or even an app on their phone take at least 2,000 additional steps a day.
· Take note of your posture: Posture is everything when you’re sitting for long periods of time. Consciously sitting upright will put a lot less strain on those back muscles and make you feel more comfortable over all. This includes leg placement- keep your feet flat on the floor and your thighs parallel to the ground for feeling the most comfortable!
· Make a plan to stand up and walk around about every 30 to 45 minutes. Even though this seems like a lot of moving around, it will increase your productivity and get your blood flowing again!
Here are 10 exercises you can do anywhere after a long day of sitting.
1. Tabletop Press: Strengthens Core
2. Lunges: Strengthens quads and glutes
3. Squats: Strengthens Glutes
4. Push-ups: Strengthens arms and back
5. Mountain Climbers: All-over toning
6. Jumping Jacks: Cardio
7. Plank: Strengthens Core
8. High Knees: Cardio
9. Tricep Dips: Strengthens your arms
10. STRETCH: Relaxes muscles and mind
One of the most crucial exercises most people forget to incorporate into their day is stretching. There are so many benefits to this exercise such as:
o Improved posture
o Calming the mind
o Stress relief
o Increases blood flow to the muscles
o Improves your range of motion
o Helps reduce back pain
o Improves your overall mood and provides clarity
We are all busy people with jobs and families that consumer most of the time in our days, but that is not an excuse for not taking care of your body and mind. It is important to carve out time during your week for cardio and weight training, but on the days that are long and exhausting, these exercises are the perfect solution to do in the morning or at night. These couple of simple exercises can help improve your flexibility, muscle tone and strength despite having to sit down for most of your day.