Halloween is just around the corner and here are a few of our favorite costumes, decorations, and recipes to get you geared up for this fun holiday!
These are some of our favorite costumes for adults and children!
- Unicorn: Your daughter will love this colorful costume! All you need for this easy no-sew costume is a few different colors of felt and a hot glue gun!
- Statue of Liberty: We loved this clever Lady Liberty costume!
- Buzz Lightyear: This year, your child can be everyone’s favorite Toy Story character! This DIY costume looks just like the real thing!
- Scooby Doo: For parents, we love these Scooby Doo costumes! They’re easy to make and are so fun!
- Rosie the Riveter: We love this costume! All you need is a denim shirt and that signature red bandana!
These are a few simple recipes you can make this Halloween
- Harvest Hash Chex Mix
– Rice Chex Cereal
– Candy Corn and pumpkins
– Reese’s Pieces
– ¾ cup of butter, melted
– ¾ cup of brown sugar, packed
– 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
– Preheat the oven to 275 degrees
– Melt the butter in the microwave
– Add the brown sugar and vanilla extract and whisk
– In a separate bowl, add the Chex cereal, pretzels and bugles
– Pour the sauce over the mixture and toss gently
– Put the tossed mixture on two trays, on parchment paper
– Bake for 45 minutes, stir every 15 minutes
– Remove from oven and add in other candies
– White Chocolate
– Candy Eyes
– Melt white chocolate in microwave
– Dip strawberries, leave a little trail for “ghost tail”
– Stick on candy eyes and allow to harden
– Cocktail sausages
– Crescent rolls
– Cut crescent roll dough into thin strips
– Wrap around sausage like a mummy
– Bake according to crescent roll directions
Rice Krispie Treat Monsters
– Candy Melts
– Candy Eyes
– Cooking Oil
– Box of Rice Krispie Treats
– Melt the candy melts in the microwave, stop to stir until completely melted
– Add a little cooking oil after melted to help thin out
– Dip Rice Krispies into candy melts
– Add candy eyes
– Allow to harden
Hocus Pocus Halloween Punch
– 8 oz. V8 Peach Mango
– 6 oz. Izze Peach
– 1 scoop of mango sorbet
– Pour V8 into a glass
– Add Izze Peach
– Top punch with one scoop of sorbet
Witch Finger pretzels
– 17-18 pretzel rods
– 1 bag of dark green candy melts
– 17-18 sliced almonds
– Line a sheet pan with parchment paper
– Break pretzels and remove about ¼ of one ned
– Melt the green candy melts. Add vegetable oil to make it a little thinner.
– Dip the ragged end of the pretzel about ¾ of the way down.
– Place on the parchment paper
– Add a sliced almond to the tip of the pretzel and allow to harden
Here are some of our favorite Halloween games for kids!
- Halloween Bingo: Find a fun printable online and play with candy corn as the chips!
- Spider Races: Get two colorful straws and some plastic spiders, and have your children blow into the straw to propel the spider! Whoever makes it to the other side first wins!
- Pumpkin Patch Stomp: Inflate some orange balloons and spread them out in the yard like a “pumpkin patch” and let your kids see who can stomp the most pumpkins in the patch!
- Bobbing for Apples: This classic game is always a fun one on Halloween!
- Pin the Spider on the Web: An old favorite as well, this Halloween version will be sure to entertain your kids!
We can’t wait for this Halloween! To find more ideas, check out our Pinterest.